> It sounds like Tim has a homebrew system for going directly from Logic
> to Presentation.  My team has been thinking of eventually writing a
> wrapper to expose JavaBeans (the model) as a DOM using reflection so you
> could still have a pull-based system rather than having to build the
> full tree ahead of time.  I'm not sure it's ultimately desirable to skip
> the Logic->Content step, although it would improve performance.

Not quite.

We use Logic (Session Beans/Commands) --> Content (XML) --> Presentation (XSL).
We simply apply the XSLT transform ourselves, as opposed to having Orion do
it, so we can precompile and cache appropriately.

I personally think that skipping the Content step is shortsighted. For instance,
our web page designers never need a live system to connect to. We simply provide
them with XML files and they write the XSL against the static XML files. When the
XSL is dropped into the live system, it simply operates on live XML coming from
the Logic layer. I think this abstraction is important.

tim.