I'm on Linux, and you can configure your machine to listen to multiple IPs. The
NIC is originally configured with one IP when you set it up, but then you can
go in and tell it to listen to more IPs. You can do this in NT and 2000 as
well. In 2000, you just open up your network settings -> TCP/IP properties ->
advanced. Now you can add multiple IPs to listen to. In Linux, I just use
linuxconf. There's a section called "IP aliases for Virtual Hosts". In solaris,
you just put all the IPs you want to listen to in a file that is named after
your interface and is located in /usr/local/if.setup.

Jeff Hubbach.

--
Jeff Hubbach
Internet Developer