From: Hani Suleiman
To: Orion-Interest
Sent: 4/21/01 4:35 PM
Subject: RE: .zip files and solaris

Yes, surprise surprise, there are in fact ways of unpacking zipfiles on
Solaris. Who would have guessed. Whatever next, being able to unpack
them
on linux, or even....Windows?! Such craziness. I wonder what innovations
we'll have NEXT year!

How about people think for a second before posting:

'does what I am about to send to ORION-INTEREST have anything to do with
ORION?'

Just a remind (yes, this is non-orion-interest specific, but will help
us
all live much happier lives), before you post to any technical mailing
list, so the following:

1) Determine if the problem is relevant to the list
2) Check the mailing list archive
3) Check google
4) Reconsider
5) Post

On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Tim Endres wrote:

> Check your facts.
> Under Linux with JDK1.3.1rc1:
>
> time> jar tvf kp-051299.zip
>      0 Wed May 12 10:03:52 EDT 1999 exception/
>   1956 Tue May 11 12:23:32 EDT 1999 exception/codebase.dat
>   5310 Fri May 07 16:11:46 EDT 1999 exception/exception.vjp
>   3609 Mon Feb 01 10:22:42 EST 1999
exception/KPCareTeamAddrNotFoundException.java
>   2628 Mon Nov 23 13:20:52 EST 1998
exception/KPClassNotInitializedException.java
>   3458 Tue Apr 06 15:51:56 EDT 1999 exception/KPGeneralException.java
>   2583 Sat Jan 30 13:32:36 EST 1999
exception/KPInstantiationException.java