i have read, and re-read, all
of the postings on class
(re)loading in relation to deployed
applications inside orion. yet, i still
have some unanswered questions.

in my past experience, compiling classes
to the ./WEB-INF/classes directory and
touching either the web.xml or application.xml
file will cause the new classes to be
picked up and used. all objects that are
in session are serialized and available
after the application is re-deployed without
having to re-start orion.

however, i am now experiencing a situation
wherein i'm losing my session information and
being forced to re-login to my application to
continue development.

is there a set of criteria or implemenation details
i'm missing. all objects are obviously serializable
or they would not be able to be stored in a session.
yet, my latest encounters with class reloading makes
me doubt this assertion.

any ideas/paths i can explore to making my
development life less hell-like?

thanks,

ted rice