See http://kb.atlassian.com/content/orionsupport/articles/unixprocess.html

That describes how to run on Linux as a non-root user, how to set up your
groups for development, and how to setup IPChains so that to the external
world you're still using port 80!

Hope it helps - please add an annotation if you see any problems or
shortcomings with the doc.

Cheers,
Mike

Mike Cannon-Brookes :: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Atlassian :: http://www.atlassian.com
     Supporting YOUR J2EE World