On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > At about $800.00 AUD (roughly=$395.00 USD) > I'd forget all about idea ... what about > some ide's with sensible prices? I realised
*looks at from header, notes "orion-interest"* Um, dude... you're using a commercial product. Why? Typically, because the value you get out of licensing it gives you a good return on your investment. I *could* use Tomcat instead of Orion... but Tomcat sucks. It's free, but it sucks. If it didn't suck, the return on the investment of time would be worthwhile. I use Orion. (Do the math.) Editors work the same way. I *could* use vi, or emacs (and I used to use vi and emacs), but I found that IDEA boosted my productivity (the "return") so much that I was able to justify the cost (the "investment") easily and well. And that's after wasting my time with JBuilder, Forte, Kawa, JEdit, Netbeans (which is better than Forte, despite Forte being based on Netbeans, joe, vi, emacs, and Eclipse (and I'm sure I'm leaving some out in this list). If you're going to wave the "It's not free" flag, run back to Tomcat and Apache where you belong. > JBuilder was a waste of time after using it > for years, and waking up to the fact that > I only used it to package classes anyway. I > bet people who are recommending idea are using > other people's money to buy idea licenses? > > What about Simplicity? > > regards ... > > > > > > > From: "Eric Hodges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > Subject: RE: Java IDE? > > Date: 22/03/2002 14:33:50 > > To: Orion-Interest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > > > Idea for coding, Jbuilder for GUI layout. > > > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > > From: Clay Mitchell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] > > > Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 12:55 PM > > > To: Orion-Interest > > > Subject: Java IDE? > > > > > > > > > Just a question, any suggestions as to what a good IDE is? > > > I've tried JBuilder, IDEA (I like IDEA) and a few others... > > > any recommendations? > > > > > > Thanks > > > -Clay > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > This message was sent through MyMail http://www.mymail.com.au > > >
