You can't afford $400?!? where the hell are all you cheap bastards working that you can't scrape up $400? I think you all need to focus a little harder on working and spending less time looking at porn; then maybe you could get a job that would afford you a salary that gives you disposable income.... I could come up with $400 in two months just by bringing lunch to work from home...
IDEA has rediculously high ROI. And it's normally high productivity is skyrocketed if you are refactoring because of all the advanced refactoring features it has. IDEA was written by people who apparently actually use the editor they're selling. JBuilder is probably used for JBuilder, too, but look at how long it takes Borland to crank out new useless features; Intellij does it every week. to sum it up: get a job that pays well you slackers! (or at least cut down on the ammount you spend on porn every month) Noah --- Clay Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I personally have been using idea for a couple weeks > - It's a great app. > The price is a little over the top - $400? Sorry, > but I don't have the > extra cash to pony up for it - as for work, JBuilder > is the standard, so > that's not an option. I've used a lot of them - > Jbuilder, Forte, > NetBeans, but I like idea the most by far. It's > *only* problem is that > it's price prohibitive. > > -Clay > > -----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On > Behalf Of Fredrik > Lindgren > Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2002 7:14 AM > To: Orion-Interest > Subject: Re: idea=$395.00USD was: RE: Java IDE? > > > Did you actually try it out or did you just check > the prices? If you > spend more than one hour a day writing java, I would > say that IDEA is > worth that money, even if it has to come from my own > pockets. Naturally > I would always try to get someone else to pay for > it, such as > my employer, but that goes for any tool I use at > work. > > Recently I have done some code review on code coming > from someone that > evidently does not use IDEA, at least not any of the > recent early access > > releases. I would even consider spending money for > them to use IDEA for > the code I receive to improve. > > I'd recommend anyone to register for the IDEA early > access program, use > IDEA with the EAP license until the real release, > and then decide if you > > want to spend the money or not. I think most people > would gladly pay the > > license cost to avoid having to go back to the old > tools. > > It is also important to note that the license > includes 8 months of > future updates to IDEA (one or two major new > releases looking back at > the release history to date) > > By the way, I'm not related to the IDEA team in any > way. > > /Fredrik Lindgren > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > > > hi, > > > > At about $800.00 AUD (roughly=$395.00 USD) > > I'd forget all about idea ... what about > > some ide's with sensible prices? I realised > > JBuilder was a waste of time after using it > > for years, and waking up to the fact that > > I only used it to package classes anyway. I > > bet people who are recommending idea are using > > other people's money to buy idea licenses? > > > > What about Simplicity? > > > > regards ... > > > > > > > > > > > > > >>From: "Eric Hodges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > >>Subject: RE: Java IDE? > >>Date: 22/03/2002 14:33:50 > >>To: Orion-Interest > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > >> > >>Idea for coding, Jbuilder for GUI layout. > >> > >> > >> > >>>-----Original Message----- > >>>From: Clay Mitchell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] > >>>Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 12:55 PM > >>>To: Orion-Interest > >>>Subject: Java IDE? > >>> > >>> > >>>Just a question, any suggestions as to what a > good IDE is? > >>>I've tried JBuilder, IDEA (I like IDEA) and a few > others... > >>>any recommendations? > >>> > >>>Thanks > >>>-Clay > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >> > > > > This message was sent through MyMail > http://www.mymail.com.au > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards� http://movies.yahoo.com/
