Tom,

    On Christian sources (gradual) co-opting of Philo's Therapeutae as a
description of Christian monastics, see generally D. Rudin's _Philo in Early
Christian Literature:  A Survey_ (Minneapolis:  Fortress Press, 1993), as
well as Rudin's _Philo and the Church Fathers_ (Leiden:  EJ Brill, 1995).
    I don't know the MSS witnesses on Jeremiah - way out of my field - but
Dierk is right on Hegesippus as an early CE witness on the Rechabites.

Best regards,
Russell Gmirkin
For private reply, e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]