Dear Sirs,
      In connection with the very hot recent discussion on the Qumran
   and Jericho tombs in the Orion-net, as Editor of a just published
   extremely important book by Professor Robert Donceel (University of
   Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgium) I should like to bring it to the
   attention of all those interested. The book is 'Synthese des
   observations faites en fouillant les tombes des necropoles de
   Khirbet Qumran et des environs / The Khirbet Qumran Cemeteries. A
   Synthesis of the Archaeological Data, Cracovie / Cracow 2002.
   The book is not yet officially released and so it is known only to
   a few reviewers. It is a special issue of THE QUMRAN CHRONICLE
   (Volume 10, dated May 2002) and should reach some semninary and
   university libraries in the USA within four to six weeks
   (depending on priority or surface delivery). We have just started
   sending it out.
     The small book (114 pages) is in French, but has four pages
   English summary. The contents and the captions of twenty-one
   plates are bilingual.
     This first synthesis containing MANY NEW DATA, including unknown
   pages from Father Roland de Vaux's field notes, previously
   unpublished drawings and photographs, and also the first plan and
   a big aerial photograph of the main Qumran cemetery, will be
   useful also to non-subscribers. We have prepared some extra copies
   for such people. To obtain a copy please contact the
   editor directly at this e-mail address:
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                            yours truly   Dr. Z. J. Kapera
                                          Jagiellonian University

For private reply, e-mail to "Zdzislaw Jan Kapera" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>