On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 08:48 +0100, Lukas Zeller wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> It looks to me this is the same situation that Congwu has already
> solved (see thread "Discussion: Client+Resend data: bug#3427, add
> sysync::STEP_RESENDDATA").
>
> Just issue a STEP_RESENDDATA instead of repeating STEPCMD_SENTDATA.

No, that's not quite it. What I am trying to tell the engine is "I'm
still sending your data, tell me whether I should continue".

> This is essentially a NOP, except that it issues a "send start"
> progress event again, so the UI would correctly show "Sending..." and
> not "Waiting..." (our standard UI, that is - I don't know how that is
> handled in your UI).

We don't distinguish between "sending" and "receiving" (I think). The
libsoup and libcurl APIs don't provide this information. However, I
think we go from NEEDATA -> SENTDATA -> GOTDATA and thus might generate
some events at the wrong time (like a "Waiting..." immediately followed
by "Processing...").

Anyway, I don't want any events generated in my case. If you think that
the engine shouldn't be invoked at all in this situation, then I'll
change our flow logic in SyncEvolution.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.