I posted in CheDet.cc .. hope it gets into air today and placed as last
(first from the top) for others to view:

"Tun,
Allow me to refer to another of your important institution here.

In a recent Perdana Leadership event in Sime Darby Convention Centre of
industry leaders (please see <a
href="http://www.perdana.org.my/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=234&Itemid=164";>Industry

Insights Seminar 2009</a>, I quote:

"In his speech, Dr. Mahathir mentioned the government needed to form
targeted groups with access to data, knowledge and expertise to better
understand the problems faced by the various sectors."

We do have a 4 billion ringgit problem with the flight of software
licenses to foreign proprietary vendors. It needs better understanding
because there are complex issues such as servile market behaviour,
wanton consumerism, severe absence of local expertise and more FUD
(fear, uncertainty, doubt). Yes, it does needs a target group. Wow!
Doesn't it make you wonder how this 84 year old man seems to be thinking
straight while the the whole admin is wanting?

Is such a group formed for using FOSS (Free and Open Source Software)?
If not, should not the government form one? Such a group like our
visionary ex-PM said, is "to better understand the problems faced..."

What is mean by forming? Asking for public volunteers or funding it? Has
not the govt received taxpayers funds form the forced public already?
What is then meant by funding the target focus group? Making it beg and
fill in long unrelated forms which i find everytime i want to propose a
new innovation? Does innovation needs business commercial justification
in its infant stage? Is this doing things right or doing the right thing?

The government by funding the new OSDC.my (Open Source Developers Club)
directly to conduct roadshows and training of know-how on using free and
open source alternatives will directly address this complex problem of
proprietary licensing loss.

Dr. M is known to break rules even world level IMF rules and world class
economist like Paul Kruger has even accounted that he does unprecedented
unproven things.

Redhuan D. Oon