On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 at 15:16, Robert Osfield <robert.osfi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Unfortunately all it's not yet perfect, a few subscriptions are failing
> when I attempt to confirm the pending request with the googlegroup server
> reporting that it can't confirm the address.  This seems to be happening
> for a range of addresses, initially it looked random but now I've had two
> separate subscription attempts from the same domain fail right after each
> other with the same error so it's starting to look like some domains aren't
> playing nice with the googlegroup server for some reason.

I just followed up directly with one of the subscription requests and they
did reply to the confirmation email, and checking the same address - it's
in the membership list.  This suggests the googlegroup error that I got on
clicking to agree to subscription may not be a sign of complete failure.

I don't know what this means, hopefully it'll become clearer.