I looked at the documentation on the web page and
eventually figured out how to use the Wiki editor.
When someone asks a question about something that is
inadequately documented, it would be a good idea to
encourage them to improve the documentation.  After
they have been given an answer, they can be given a
link to the Wiki sign in instructions and links to the
right document(s) to improve.  After they have
mastered the subject their question was about they can
edit the right spot in the documentation.

The examples don't appear to be editable so that is a
problem.  Some of them could use some additional
commenting.  The Quick Start Guide is not available on
a web page to be editable.  Only part of the full
Reference Guide is on a web page.  The reference guide
is apparently generated from the source files so I'm
not sure how you would integrate user added
documentation to it.

--- Robert Osfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 8/27/07, Smeenk, R.J.M. (Roland)
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > There's a huge list of examples all needing
> maintenance already. Why not
> > let the tutorials emerge from the community (like
> the NPS tutorial and
> > others) and let them be maintained by the
> community.
>
> It would be great to see a tutorial/example set
> thrive without needing
> my input.  Perhaps one could even consider moving
> core osg examples
> into such a repository.
>
> I don't think keeping things up to date would be
> very difficult, once
> they are ported over to 2.0 and use CMake it should
> be pretty straight
> forward for various members of the community to keep
> things in sync.
>
> > All it takes is a
> > platform (like the Wiki) that is guaranteed to be
> available in the
> > future.
>
> We have the existing website and the forge area that
> can host
> tutorials.  I'd suggest keeping the tutorials as
> part of the main
> website though, as this will help people search of
> things all in one
> centralised place.  Roland's work porting across to
> the new wiki is a
> good first step.
>
> I'd suggest it'd be useful for someone or a group of
> individuals step
> forward as coordinators/contributors.
>
> Robert.
>

> W.r.t svn support, one could either place it as part
> of the osg
> repository or in its own.
>
> Robert.

Zachary Hilbun