cool... this works great.
thanks!

ml

On Sep 12, 2007, at 2:23 AM, Robert Osfield wrote:

Hi Mike,

On 9/12/07, Robert Osfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We really need to get this added into the Cmake build, at least as an
option.  I don't if it would be possible to autodetect given the
specific version of RedHat and some other Linux variants that have
this issue.

I have now added this to OpenThreads Cmake build.  First up do a svn
update on the OSG (this will bring in the updates to OpenThreads),
then run ccmake . in the root OpenSceneGraph directory, then scroll
down till you see the parameter

  TWO_PARAM_sched_setaffinity OFF

Toggle this to ON, then press 'c' to configure and 'g' to generate the
build system.

This option is only relevant to Linux so should only appear on linux
systems.  The vast majority should be just fine with
TWO_PARAM_sched_setaffinity OFF, but those who have older RedHat (and
similar) Linux variants may required this.

You can also pass this setting in via

  cmake -DTWO_PARAM_sched_setaffinity=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release

The release option above is just required for making sure you build
with optimization on, and is not related to setaffinity.

Michael Logan
Perot Systems Govt. Services / NASA Ames Res. Ctr.
Task Lead / Visual Cueing & Simulation
Visualization Engineer / Adaptive Control Technologies
MS 269-1, Moffett Field, CA, 94035  (650)-604-4494

"If you want to start a revolution, don't pick up a gun.
 Do it with science and technology."  - Stanford R. Ovshinsky