On 9/21/07, Robert Osfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> HI Lief,
>
> Thanks for the looking into this.  I'm open to your suggest for a
> virtual fullscreen method.  Possible this could be wrapped up into the
> setWindowRectangleImplementation which is automatically detects that
> the dimensions are fullsize.  Any changes we make will need rolling
> out to Win32 and Carbon as well.

I just tried the approach of setting the fullscreen state in
setWindowRectangleImplementation,  and this works without changing the
GraphicsWindow base class.  The only issue is: it has the side effect
that changing the window size to the screen size through
setWindowRectangle makes the window fullscreen, even if the window
decorations have not been disabled through setWindowDecoration (this
also leaves the windowDecoration context trait out of sync unless I
set it to false in setWindowRectangle when going fullscreen).

That means, for example, that cycling through the windowed resolutions
with <,> in osgviewer will put the window into fullscreen when you
reach the screen resolution (and back to windowed when you reduce the
resolution).  I could check the decoration trait (in addition to
window size) to determine if the window should be fullscreen, but that
would mean you'd need to turn decorations on/off before setting the
window size (ViewerEventHandler uses this order, but it could be a
source of confusion).  I suppose I could also add the screen size
dimensions check and fullscreen state code in the
setWindowDecorationImplementation, so that disabling decorations with
a screen size window goes into fullscreen.  What are your thoughts on
this?

By the way, I found that GNOME/metacity does also honor the Motif
hints regarding decorations, but the fullscreen state is the only way
I've found to get top-level stacking of a window.  Leaving the
fullscreen state only adds window decorations back if they haven't
been disabled with the Motif hint.

--
Leif Delgass
[EMAIL PROTECTED]