>Do you actually have the OSG (or in this case OpenThreads) source path
>names, up to the .cpp extension in your pdb file?

Yes. PDB is a huge container of various information. It contains both
relative paths (prefixed with ./) and absolute paths of my source files.
Also contains  whole commands used to compile and link.

I googled PDB a little. Found few interesting links but nothing realy
spectacular. Some information on microsoft site says that copying .pdb files
to working directory may help:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q121366 :

" The new Visual C++ debugger uses the <project>.PDB file created by the
linker directly, and embeds the absolute path to the .PDB in the .EXE or
.DLL file. If the debugger can't find the .PDB file at that location or if
the path is invalid (if, for example, the project was moved to another
computer), the debugger looks for it in the current directory. "

If you are desperate you may try to grab DIA sdk and build dia2dump example
and see what exactly your PDB contains.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x93ctkx8(VS.80).aspx

Hope it helps,
Wojtek