My first question is whether it is possible to render an RGB texture with
no alpha channel with binary transparency. I'd like to map a specific
color to 100% transparency. Would this require shaders? If so, could
someone point me to a good resource for coding shaders in OSG?

My other issue is a rather strange behavior I have observed in OSG. My app
is constantly dumping a lot of points into the scene graph
(osg::DrawArrays with PrimitiveSet::POINTS) while updating a transform. I
have run into an issue in which nothing gets rendered at all, unless I
remove either the point insertion or the transform update. Does anyone
know what could cause this behavior?

Thanks,
Nicholas