Ok to be clear, Loic, Igor and me (Cedric Pinson) worked on cal3d and
osgcal(GPL) for pok3d. We
don't want anymore use cal3d for futur project so animtk is a try to
open the ways. But it's a long
way to have something stable, functionnal, easy to use. So right now
animtk can't replace cal3d/osgcal and
for a long time i think.
The idea on animtk is to make something general usable with osg or without:

building low level block like sampler, interpolator, (used to varying a
data over time)
so it can be used to varying a vec4, a float, a quaternion, ... without
interpreting the result.
like getValue(t). Here there is no loop mode , ping pong ... just a
clamp if outside of range

 From these block we can make more complex structure like Animation, eg
Assembling a Sampler for a quaternion and a Sampler for a Vec3, then you
can play
the animation with a manager that can blend them if more than two at the
same time
and can set play mode like loop.

Skeleton feature has just started, the idea is to have just a hierarchy
of transform that contain result of
sampler inside. The animation system does know what a skeleton or
skinning is. eg:
ManagerAnimation.update(); // update animation
Skeleton.update(); // update the skeleton

I did not start the skinning part yet. But i want things separated to
let the user control or override each part.

That's a project so today it can be use for a low level use (Sampler) i
already used it in project. But it's a very
young project and so much thing to do, i am alone on it and not at full
time so :)

If people wants to help :)

Jeremy Moles wrote:
> With all the recent discussion over Cal3D I decided to take a few
> minutes and look over some of the affiliated stuff at Gna.org and I
> found a project called AnimTK. The memberlist includes Loic Dachary (who
> also posts here from time to time and is/was pretty much the lead Cal3D
> guy) and Cedric Pinson (who also posts here), so I'm curious what this
> is and what it does, as it seemed to both use and be heavily influenced
> by OSG (naturally).

+33 (0) 6 63 20 03 56  Cedric Pinson mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.plopbyte.net