Hello Chase,

> It sounds like he wants to render it first because he's placing a
> unit sphere around the eyepoint, which is probably closer than
> everything else and surely won't get clipped by the far plane.  That
>  way, everything that's rendered later will overwrite it as if
> occluding it, leaving only unoccluded areas of the sky still visible
>  without any fear of z-fighting.

By changing the depth test as was done in the code I posted, that's
not a problem. The skybox/skydome will be rendered, regardless of its
size, wherever nothing has written in the depth buffer before (more
precisely, wherever the depth is at maximum, so at the far plane
itself).

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/