  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gordon
Tomlinson
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 1:49 PM
To: 'OpenSceneGraph Users'
Subject: Re: [osg-users] OpenFlight cow for Christmas

Hi Paul

Depends on what you mean by Sphere mapping :)

OpenFlight and Creator support Spherical, Radial and Environment texture
mapping among the normal texture methods in this case I think you
mean(maybe) what Creator calls Environment mapping

This is done in Creator very easily, through the texture tool box, select
geom., select texture, in the case of Environment select the tool and your
done and this can be seen in Creator ( Unlike the old days of Multigen II,
we used the special 1/2 field to mark group/objects to be mapped nice shine
environment, for metal, glass etc ),

These methods when used add an entry to the Texture Mapping Palette with
there type set to Spherical, Radial and Environment, so this should not  be
too hard to add (hopefully)

Gordon Tomlinson

Email   : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website : www.vis-sim.com www.gordontomlinson.com

"Self defence is not a function of learning tricks
but is a function of how quickly and intensely one
can arouse one's instinct for survival"
-Master Tambo Tetsura

  _____