MingWei,

It sounds like what you are trying to do it to "drape" the country polygon
geometry onto a VPB globe. I assume you are using geocentric whole-earth
models. Usually you can drape the polygon geometry to the terrain using an
osgSim::OverlayNode. Here is a screenshot showing the technique in action:
http://osggis.org/wiki/index.php?title=Image:States2.jpg

However, it only works for areas of limited geographic size. Overlaying a
geocentric model onto a geocentric globe using osgSim::OverlayNode doesn't
work for projecting models that cover larger areas or the entire earth.
Robert may be able to shed some light on why this is the case.

In any case, the way to view overlays in osggis_viewer is with the
"--overlay" parameter, like this:
osggis_viewer terrain.osga --overlay features.osga

(Note, I am cross-posting this to the osgGIS mailing list.)
-gw

Glenn Waldron : Pelican Mapping : http://pelicanmapping.com : 703-652-4791