Hi,

I have written a viewer on Window XP using MFC based on osviewerMFC example
code.  I add eighteen IVE-format models(about 1.15GB on harddisk) as children
node to the scene's root group node, then, the rendering process gives a sharp
slowdown and the FPS decrease to less than 1.0 . Could anyone give me some help
on how to enhance the rendering performance?

I am using OSG 2.0. The code I used to add a IVE-format model to scene is:

 // Load the model from the model name
osg::ref_ptr<osg::Node> m_pNewModel;
 m_pNewModel = osgDB::readNodeFile(strModel.GetString());        //strModel is
CString variable contains the model's full path.
 if (m_pNewModel.get())
 {
      osgUtil::Optimizer optimizer;
      optimizer.optimize(m_pNewModel.get());
      optimizer.reset();

      // Add the model to the scene
      mRoot->addChild(m_pNewModel.get());
//mRoot is the scene's root node defined as osg::ref_ptr<osg::Group>
 }