Hi Nicholas,

On Jan 21, 2008 8:21 PM, Nicholas Yue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   I am also in a similar situation, I download the OpenSceneGraph 2.2.0
> source code and compiled it on Linux and in particular, set the require
> CMake variable to point to the COLLADA DOM/DAE library and headers.
>
>   OSG 2.2.0 compiles fine, the osgdb_dae.so file was compiled and installed
> at the correct location (together with osgdb_obj.so)
>
>   osgviewer is able to load Wavefront OBJ files but not COLLADA DAE files
> even though the plugins are compiled and installed in the same location.

I'm a bit rusty on COLLADA, but under Linux I have had problems in the
past with static vs dynamic version COLLADA, and that the OSG's dae
plugin can fail to load not only if it can find the osgdb_dae.so but
if the extra COLLADA DOM's .so's aren't found so you might need to
stick these on your path.   COLLADA DOM has evolved over time so this
issue seems to have meandered along with it.  Sorry I can't be
clearer, just a bit rusty.