Hi Andi,

On Mon, Feb 4, 2008 at 2:27 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Is it possible to load xyz Point data with osgdem?

No, it just reads DEM's for elevation data.

>  Or ist it possible to load Esri Shape Files?

The latest SVN version of VirtualPlanetBuilder (which contains osgdem)
does have shape file reading, but this is used for generating forest
and building polygons ontop of the terrain rather as source of input
to generating the terrain geometry itself.

>  Is there a osgdem tutorial available. I have just found the User guide on
> www.openscenegraph.com

The user guide is all there is right now I'm afraid.  osgdem --help
will give you all the options.

The best place to look for all VPB related info is:

   http://virtualplanetbuilder.osgforge.org/