Hello Guy,

> This method also creates geometry, I think those guys are trying to
> avoid geometry creation.
> I think the class osg::DrawPixels can do the trick, but I never tried
> it.

It's a tradeoff. You can create geometry (ooh, one whole quad!) and then
set it to absolute reference frame or use some other way to make it
always face the camera. Drawing the image each frame using glDrawPixels
can be a few orders of magnitude slower than a quad with a texture, as
long as the texture does not change too often.

Just to say there are lots of ways to skin a cat, and you can't choose
the best one for your situation unless you know about them.

J-S