Hi Christophe,

Is the normal discontinuity only apparent along one longitudinal
split?  What happens when you zoom in?

I presume the normal discontinuity is along the boundary where the
longitude goes from -180 to 180.  The is code to equalize normals
across boundaries between tiles, but don't remember any code that
wraps around the the equalization so this might well be the source of
the issue.

As for fixing it, well you all have the source code... to me this is
rather a minor issue in the greater scheme of things.  When viewing
the texture model a small discontinuity in the normal is hardly
noticeable.

Robert.