Thanks Robert.

I was hoping what seemed to be the simplest solution would work.  I'll
pursue a little further, particularly in the TXP plug-in.  Is there a
way to force specific LOD's to load (particularly the highest)?

I think the shader solution is probably the best and would actually lead
into some other work that I'd like to do.  Unfortunately, I really don't
know anything about shaders.  So, I've got quite a bit of learning to do
before I can attempt.

chuck

osgintersection