On Saturday 08 March 2008 at 14:26:13, Renan Mendes wrote:
> Benjamin,
>
>       I've used this function (it compiled alright), but when running my
> aplication, there was an error message, saying that I didn't have the
> plugin for reading and writing files...  I went to the OSG website and
> searched for reading and writing plugins, but there were so many, I didn't
> know which one to choose. Do you have a suggestion?
>
>                    Renan M Z Mendes

Hello Renan,

the plugin is selected by the filename you give to this function. For writing
files, I think the OpenSceneGraph format (file extenstion .osg) is the only
one which supports most of the nodes. So you should call the function with
something like "MySceneGraph.osg" as filename.
If it still complains about missing plugins maybe the plugins where not
installed correctly. If you are using GNU/Linux and have installed
OpenSceneGraph to /usr then there should be a directory
called /usr/lib/osgPlugins-2.2.0 containing the plugins (if you installed
version 2.2.0 of course).

Regards,
Benjamin