Thanks for the link.  Maybe I'll actually get unlazy and try to fix it. :)

Just thought I'd check since I see crashes from very oddly-associated
applications whenever my box starts doing its wild timer ride.  Plus, I
half hoped that a solution was commonly known and someone would provide
a link. :)  15 minutes of googling 4 months ago didn't turn up anything
promising and it's easily worked around in this situation.  <shrug>

Thanks again.
-Paul

(Funny that Thunderbird's spell check still considers "googling" a
spelling error. ;))