Hi all,

for sharing textures over various tiles, we use the option string
"noTexturesInIVEFiles", when writing .ive files. If a customers now
tries to load this database with the standard OSG binaries into the
osgViewer, the memory footprint for hundreds of trees will go through
the roof.

My question is, why the SharedStateManager is not created by default, as
suggested in the DatabasePager's c'tor, where this line is commented out:
// make sure a SharedStateManager exists.
//osgDB::Registry::instance()->getOrCreateSharedStateManager();

I suppose there is a good reason for that. Thanks for any clarification.

Kind regards,
Stephan Kussmaul

--
Stephan Kussmaul

Sitz der Gesellschaft / Corporate Headquarters:
TrianGraphics GmbH, Berlin
Registereintragung / Registration:
Geschäftsführer / Managing Directors:
Stephan Kußmaul, Mirco Nierenz, Volker Walkiewicz