Hi Paul,

That new image helps quite a bit actually.  The elevation values for your
image are extremely strange.  All of the values are negative except for the
areas that are in the craters.  I'm using OpenEV to inspect the values and
it looks like the craters have extremely high positive values and the rest
of your image has negative values.

It seems as if the areas in the craters are NoData and are potentially not
being specified correctly.  I believe that osgTerrain will just use 0 for
values that are NoData, which will typically result in small holes in the
data that go *down* to 0.  Since your actual elevation values are negative,
the holes are going *up* to zero, which is why you see the plateaus.

It seems to be that this is a problem with your data, not VPB.

Hope this helps you track the issue down!

Thanks!

Jason