Hi Serge,

Thanks for that piece of information. I am still not getting a "deep
copy" of the nodes, however.

I did an experiment and I went to the top level node:

osg::Node* subgraph = m_sceneView->getSceneData();

and I used this one for the deep copy

osg::ref_ptr<osg::Node> copyA  = static_cast<osg::Node *>(subgraph-
>clone(osg::CopyOp::DEEP_COPY_ALL ));

And now I get a few nodes in the new copy. My list now contains 3
items which makes sense because the tree is like:

subgraph
      \
     GroupA
         \
      /   |  \
    B   C   D

where A has 32 items.

So there is stoppage at node A and no more copy or else there is a
problem with the visitor.

findNodeVisitor nv(FINDNODETYPE_NODETYPE|
FINDNODETYPE_FINDALL,"Geode");

copyA->accept(nv);

std::vector<osg::Node*> nodeList = nv.getNodeList();

int length = nodeList.size();

now length is 3 (but at this level it should be 35).

Judie