Hi Fabio,

You say the problem fails.. but in what way?

What hardware, OS, OSG versions are you working with?

The OSG doesn't have a ply loader itself, is this your own loader.

As for techniques for handling large models, I'd suggest switching off
display lists, and then breaking the model down into smaller geometry
blocks, of something like 10,000 vertices/triangles each and use
VBO's.

Robert.