Hi Weng,

glColorMask/osg::Camera::setColorMask is not the appropriate tool to
use to make a grayscale image, it just enable/disables the writing to
the different colour changes.  For greyscale you'll need to use a
ColorMatrix, however, this uses part of the OpenGL pipeline that isn't
generally implemented in all modes/hardware/drivers,  you'll need to
read up on OpenGL specs to learn these caveates.

The other way to do is would be to write a shader that applies a
convert to greyscale in the fragment program, or to do a multipass
approach where you render to FBO, then have a second pass that does
the conversion.

Robert.