Hi Mike,

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Mike Weiblen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, the live bootable CD is a very interesting concept.  I made
> something like that based on Knoppix years ago, that proof of concept
> used Mesa IIRC. It was like October 2002 and primarily a demo of VTP
> w/ my Eldorado Springs database.  Have to find the .iso, rediscover
> what I actually did back then.

Ahh so OSG has already been on bootable/live CD :-)

> More recently, a interesting project making progress in exactly this
> direction is myOS http://www.geocities.com/ze_aks/myos.html  It's a
> bootable GL demo system that can fit on a 180MB miniCD.  The versions
> I find most interesting are v1.1.9 or v1.0.3, which run X-less GL for
> a super low-overhead environment.  Those versions of myOS use the
> SciTech SNAP/MGL drivers
> http://www.scitechsoft.com/products/dev/mgl_home.html

I've been seeing occasional low key news items about myOS, and have
browsed the web pages too but as yet haven't dived in to try it out.
Alas haven't had much time to go play over the last few years...

It'd be interesting to get osgViewer ported over to running without X.
 Do you know what API is being used to set up the graphics context?