I think it could also be that the display driver overrides your settings.
Try to check the display driver settings for anti-aliasing/multi sampling.

Guy.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert Osfield
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:32 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] can't change the multisamples

Hi Martin,

You should set the multi-sample hint before you create the viewer, it
only uses these values when the viewer creates its graphics contexts
via the osgViewer::View::setUpView*() methods.  The DisplaySettings
multi sample values aren't used
after this initialization.

Also if you are creating you own GraphicsWindow's manually (i.e. like
osgwindow/osgcamera) then you'll need to set the samples directly in
the Traits structure.

Robert.