fwiw, this problem seems to have mostly evaporated on my end. I'm sorry that
I cannot be more specific as to when -- at one point I did an SVN update and
it started working. I say "mostly" only b/c there are still issues shutting
down after a CTRL-C sometimes ... but that's not quite as much of a concern.
-gw

Glenn Waldron : Pelican Mapping : http://pelicanmapping.com : 703-652-4791