Hi Jan,

Thanks for the explanation. I also added to the mix confusing TwinView with windows HorizontalSpan but it looks like we all were thinking about the same functionality ;-)

A more common setup is to have two GPUs each driving two screens (not
SLI! That is something else!) and each of the GPU having its own X
server and display number. Then you cannot move windows between the
displays and you will have two OpenGL contexts.

Thats the configuration I am after. I don't need one continuous desktop divided into 4 or more monitors. I am looking for the configuration which would allow me to drive four independnt views from one machine.

Thanks,
Wojtek