From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Jean-Sébastien Guay
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 2:56 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: [osg-users] Weird driver problems?

Hello,

We've started seeing something weird on some of our machines, and I'd just
like to know if someone else has seen this. These issues started happening
today.

Setup: Windows XP, GeForce 7800 GTX and 8800 GT, OSG 2.2 and 2.4, two
screens in Dual View mode.

Issues:
1. Starting osgviewer with any model gives weird geometry problems (large
polygons sticking out, see screenshot) 2. Our own apps (still using OSG 2.2)
crash on start, when drawing the first frame, and it appears that it crashes
in the graphics driver (nvoglnt.dll).

The weird thing: switching from Dual View mode to Horizontal Span mode
"fixes" both these issues.

Our current theory is that some automatic windows update that got installed
a day or two ago changed something that caused a new bug related to the
graphics driver. Perhaps a threading mode change, or whatever. The people
who have disabled automatic updates don't have the problem, so there seems
to be a correlation. If that's right, the next NVidia driver version might
magically fix it (by working around the new bug).

Has anyone else seen this?

J-S