I have already read about cmakes problem when it comes to freetype, but I checked my osgPlugins-2.4.0 folder, there is a osg_freetyped.dll in it. Whilte trying to load a file, I get the "Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file ..." I recompiled osg_freetyped.dll and also a freetype.dll from 2.3.7 source, put that into output directory. Basically I can load png files, so the folders are found but not with freetype. I set OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL to DEBUG but unfortunately didnt get more error messages :/ My suspicition is that there is something wrong rather with osg_freetyped.dll than with freetype.dll itself because if osg cannot locate the osg_x.dll I get the warning from above, but if the plugin itself is missing -> eg. libpngd.dll I get an additional windows error which is here not present.

Thanks