Hey Jason,

Thanks for the reply.  I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet
and try that out.  It just takes a substantial amount of time so I
hate to do it without knowing if I'm doing it right in the first
place.  Tell me this though, is it possible to add new images to an
existing ive file?  For instance, if I ran osgdem against just some
plain old DTED data without images and output the results to dted.ive,
could I then run another osgdem command and pass in image data using
the same dted.ive file?  Would it just add in the images to the
terrain or would it start fresh and blow away my existing terrain?

Thanks
Greg