I'm starting to convert several apps from OSG 1.X to the current  release.
I've read the posts regarding Viewer and CompositeViewer and want  to make sure
I'm understanding it right.  If you don't mind a few beginner  questions...

1)  Viewer (which "is a" View) can have one or more Cameras, but if  using
multiple Cameras, they are positionally slaved to the single View Camera  by
offset matrices, right?

2)  The slaved Cameras can share the subgraph (Scene) below the  View Camera,
but if desired, they could have their own subgraphs?

3)  It seems that generally, since the slaves are offset from the View
master camera, for most applications, they would share the same Scene,  right?

4)  CompositeViewer (which "contains" Views) can be more flexible  since each
View Camera can be independently positioned (i.e., different views of  the
same Scene, but where Camera 2 doesn't necessarily follow Camera 1).

5)  The View(s) within a CompositeViewer could themselves be  single-Camera
or master-slave configurations.

6) It seems that a CompositeViewer with a few Views could be functionally
equivalent to a "Viewer with slave Cameras" provided the user positions the
CompositeViewer Views with respect to a designated "master" View in  real-time?

7)  I see some efficiencies, such as a master-slave View applying  the Update
traversal only once to the shared Scene.  Are there any other  significant
benefits (e.g., cull, rendering, state) that make a Viewer  master-slave setup
more efficient than the equivalent manually-slaved Views in a  CompositeViewer?

Sorry for the length, but I hope this post might be useful to others just
starting the 1.X to 2.X conversion.

Thanks!
Dan Guinther

Read reviews on AOL Autos.