> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:27:14 +0100
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
> Subject: Re: [osg-users] Help! I have a render target problem.
>
> No bug, you are just trying to do something in a completely wrong
> way....  As I said NodeMask works just fine, if you want another
> alternative you can just put a Switch node above the RTT Camera.

Ok, I thought it was a bug. I understand now that setting a camera to RTT is
not reversable, and it is probably a good reason for that.

> It really sounds like you are making a relatively straight forward
> problem really complicated.  Have 100 RTT Camera's in the scene graph
> is not a big issue for the OSG.  Trying to reuse Camera can be done
> but it's really awkward, and is more likely to cause you more grief
> than you solve anything.  Also you having more grief pushes the
> mailing list to try and help you doing something which is in the end
> rather counter-productive, personally I have better things to do.
>
> Robert.

I some times experiment multiple way to complete a goal. It give me a deeper
knowledge of (the for me new technology) OSG, and it increase the chance of a
good end result. I usually avoid messaging on this list when I am on a clearly
experimental track. This time it was something I believed to be a bug.

Regards,
Viggo