> Unfortunately it seems to me that OpenGL support is
> still just a "checkbox requirement" on a list of
> requirements, and that the actual *quality* of the support
> doesn't matter that much, so I hope that will change by
> talking to these people when we have the chance to.

The hardware vendors on the ARB, not just ATI and NVIDIA, but also Intel and
others, have a commitment to OpenGL that goes much further than considering
it a 'checkbox requirement". Pertaining to quality specifically, the lack of
an up-to-date OpenGL conformance test suite is an issue that is of great
concern to the OpenGL ARB. Funding is typically cited as one reason for why
the conformance tests aren't brought up to date.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
http://www.skew-matrix.com
+1 303 859 9466