Hi Paul,

Unfortunately it seems to me that OpenGL support is still just a "checkbox requirement" on a list of requirements, and that the actual *quality* of the support doesn't matter that much, so I hope that will change by talking to these people when we have the chance to.

The hardware vendors on the ARB, not just ATI and NVIDIA, but also Intel and
others, have a commitment to OpenGL that goes much further than considering
it a 'checkbox requirement". Pertaining to quality specifically, the lack of
an up-to-date OpenGL conformance test suite is an issue that is of great
concern to the OpenGL ARB. Funding is typically cited as one reason for why
the conformance tests aren't brought up to date.

I'll preface by saying that I don't want to start a flame war here, just talking from my point of view.

What you say above might be the intention, but in ATI's case at least, that's not what I see in reality. They seem to think their driver support is fine (at least the guy I spoke to) but it falls short in many areas.

Good point about the conformance tests though. These will be key to getting good quality driver support in the future, and it's a great thing that they're bringing them back up to date and putting more focus on them.

J-S