On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Denis Nikolskiy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm having trouble installing osg 2.6 on a Linux box. I don't have
> administrative privilege on that machine so I have to install osg into my
> directory. Using ccmake I specify the directory where I want to install osg
> and generate make files. Make command executes without any problems. Make
> install works without any problems until it hits osgviewer. Here is the
> error massage:
>
> CMake Error at applications/osgviewer/cmake_install.cmake:41 (FILE):
>
>  file INSTALL cannot find file "/scratch/nikolski/osg/osg2.6/bin/osgviewer"
>
>  to install.
>
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>
>  applications/cmake_install.cmake:37 (INCLUDE)
>
>  cmake_install.cmake:38 (INCLUDE)
>

> I looked into specified directory (/scratch/nikolski/osg/osg2.6/bin/). All
> other binaries are there except osgviewer. I remade the whole thing again
> and made sure that osgviewer was in the bin directory. Make install after
> running for a while produced the same error message. I looked into the bin
> directory and osgviewer wasn't there anymore. I use cmake version 2.6. (I
> have Fedora Core 7, x86_64 in case it helps). I had no problems installing
> osg 2.5 on the same Machine.
>
> Did anyone have a similar problem, or does anyone have any ideas about what
> can cause it?

I'm not sure exactly what you're doing, but to change the "make install"
path all you should have to do is set the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX variable.
This is the equivalent of automake's ./configure --prefix=/foo.

It default to /usr/local which may explain your permission problem when
running "make install"

--
Philip Lowman