Okay, thanks Robert!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert
Osfield
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 9:45 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] .IVE versioning

Hi Nathan,

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Monteleone, Nathan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there a way to query what version of OSG was used to build an .ive
file?

There isn't a means for doing this.

> If not, is it safe to try loading an .ive file from an unknown
version?  Am
> I risking a crash by doing that?  If not I could put some kind of
versioning
> info in the top node of the scene graph and that would take care of my
> needs.

The .ive loader should be backwards compatible, but isn't forward
compatible.  Loading a file generated by 2.6 in 2.4 should lead to it
rejeting the file, but 2.6 will be able to read 1.2, 2.0, etc file
without problems.