Hi,

Recycling context id's is something that seems fixed in 2.6.0. I'm not sure if you can keep a graphics context around without a window however you can keep the scene graph around. Just hold onto a ref ptr to the root node of your scene graph. You should be able to open a new window and create a new viewer and pass in the root node of the SG you've kept around.

(I'm not sure if video's/ animations will still be played though. Try it out.)

Thanks,
Brett

christophe loustaunau wrote:
Hello,

This is something I'd like to make available as well. I have tried to
implement a function that restores the previous graphic context one
the window as been closed. Nothing has been successful. Is such a
thing possible with osg?

Thanks