Hi Cedric,

I'm not a CLOD expert, so I'd recommend asking some like Ben Discoe,
or others from the VirtualTerrainProject community, as VTP has plenty
of CLOD implementations to choose from so have lots of first hand
experience.

In terms of osgTerrain integration, the part you'd need to implement
would be a custom osgTerrain::TerrainTechnique that build/renders a
single TerrainTile according to the Elevation and Colour Layers
attached to it.

Right now VirtualPlanetBuilder assigns a GeometryTechnique to each
TerrainTile, but at runtime you can replace this with your own
technique via a Registry::ReadCallback that traverses loaded subgraphs
and does the replace.   Longer term, possible in the OSG-2.8 time
frame, my plan is to have the osgTerrain::Terrain node, that can be
used to decorate a subgraph containing TerrainTile, to provide the
default TerrainTechnique to use, this way you wouldn't need to have
the ReadCallback, you could just set the terrain technique on the
Terrain, and all its children would then use it.

Robert.