Hello again...

I did other tests, my idea was:

I have a single main camera displaying a root object [an osg::Group] and
this root object contains 5 or 6 osg::Camera object as direct children. And
those "sub cameras" contain pieces of the scene I want to display. Since (I
don't know why, but) using an IntersectVisitor gives completely incorrect
result on the main camera in that case, I decided to use my
intersectionvisitor with each sub camera one by one... in that case
everything should behave as if each of my sub camera was the root object
when it's traversed, no ?... but the answer is: NO... :-( this case doesn't
seem to be the same as using a single camera containing objects as the
intersection results are still completely false

So my big question is now : what's the difference (from a "camera point of
view when it comes to intersections") between view->setSceneData(node) and
camera->addChild(node) ??? I keep investigating... :-) but any shortcut
would really be appreciated :-).

regards,
Manu.

PS: here is the main part of the code concerning the previous idea I
mentioned if someone wants to have a look...

    osg::Camera* cam = view->getCamera();
    osg::Matrixd vm;
    osg::Matrixd pm;
    osg::ref_ptr<osg::Viewport> vp;

    osgUtil::LineSegmentIntersector::Intersections hits;

    vDisplay::DisplayManager::CameraDeq& cams =
vDisplay::DisplayManager::getRegisteredCameras(view);
    for(vDisplay::DisplayManager::CameraDeq::iterator it = cams.begin(); it
!= cams.end(); ++it) {

        osgUtil::LineSegmentIntersector::CoordinateFrame cf =
osgUtil::Intersector::PROJECTION; //(*it)->getViewport() ?
osgUtil::Intersector::WINDOW : osgUtil::Intersector::PROJECTION;
        osg::ref_ptr< osgUtil::LineSegmentIntersector > picker = new
osgUtil::LineSegmentIntersector(cf, x, y);

        //osgUtil::IntersectionVisitor iv(picker.get());
        vOGL::ExtendedIntersectionVisitor iv(picker.get());
        iv.setTraversalMask(0xFFFFFFFF);

        // Reconfigure the camera:
        vm = (*it)->getViewMatrix();  // these are actually identity
matrices as only the main camera is manipulated....
        pm = (*it)->getProjectionMatrix();
        vp = (*it)->getViewport();

        (*it)->setViewMatrix(cam->getViewMatrix());
        (*it)->setProjectionMatrix(cam->getProjectionMatrix());
        (*it)->setViewport(cam->getViewport());

        if ((*it)->getViewport()) iv.pushWindowMatrix( (*it)->getViewport()
);
        iv.pushProjectionMatrix( new
osg::RefMatrix((*it)->getProjectionMatrix()) );
        iv.pushViewMatrix( new osg::RefMatrix((*it)->getViewMatrix()) );
        iv.pushModelMatrix( new osg::RefMatrix() );

        (*it)->accept(iv);

        iv.popModelMatrix();
        iv.popViewMatrix();
        iv.popProjectionMatrix();
        if ((*it)->getViewport()) iv.popWindowMatrix();

        (*it)->setViewMatrix(vm);
        (*it)->setProjectionMatrix(pm);
        (*it)->setViewport(vp.get());

        if (picker->containsIntersections())
        {
            hits = picker->getIntersections();
            vLog::logInfo("Got %d intersections",hits.size());
            return true;
        }
    }